Welcome to Jersey Jems!

Welcome to Jersey Jems!

Discover the hidden jems of New Jersey, this blog will show famous and unknown destinations of the garden state. Learn about places you have never been or new things about your favorite destinations! Even catch up on the latest New Jersey reality TV mayhem – right here on Jersey Jems!





Friday, June 25, 2010

Scotland Run Park

I grew up in a small town directly between Atlantic City and Philadelphia. I hated it when I was younger because I felt like there was nothing to do. Now, looking back I realize I had the best of three worlds: I could experience city life (and great cheesesteaks), take day trips to the shore, and enjoy a laid back tight knit community.

One hidden secret of my hometown, Williamstown, is Scotland Run Park. Located about a mile from the house I grew up in is a lake front park with a playground, picnic tables, and sand pit. It’s a fun place to spend the day; you can even go fishing or relax on a boat on the lake.

My dad, uncles, and cousins used to take me fishing all the time, although we never once caught anything, we always had fun. The picture below is from a recent trip where I took my cousins to play at Scotland Run.